Monday 16 January 2017

Talks tour to New Zealand and Australia in 2017

Hi everyone and apologies that I've been away from this blog for a few days. I have some major developments on a couple of fronts currently happening at my end, which has kept me unbelievably busy, which I will be in a better position to discuss in the near future. In the meantime, here's news of another major development affecting what I will get up to later in the year...

So brace yourself Australia and New Zealand - I'm heading back down under again in August! And this time I'll be there for Family History Month!


From August 8th to 26th I am participating in another Unlock the Past talks tour of Australian cities, and in an expo organised by Auckland Library, in which I will be accompanied by fellow genie Dirk Weissleder, an expert in German genealogy (www.forum-familiengeschichte.de). The following is the current schedule proposed for the event:

BRISBANE - Tue-Wed 8-9 Aug
Kedron-Wavell Services Club, Chermside South - 9am-4.30pm each day

AUCKLAND - Fri-Sun 11-13 Aug (Auckland expo organised by the Auckland Library)
Fickling Convention Centre, Three Kings, Auckland

SYDNEY - Tue-Wed 15-16 Aug
Parramatta RSL, Parramatta - 9am-4.30pm each day

MELBOURNE - Fri-Sat 18-19 Aug
Veneto Club, Bulleen - 9am-4.30pm each day

CANBERRA - Mon 21 Aug
venue to be advised - 9am-4.30pm

ADELAIDE - Wed-Thu 23-24 Aug - Adelaide
The German Club, Adelaide - 9am-4.30pm each day

PERTH - Sat 26 Aug - Perth
venue to be advised - 9am-4.30pm


Program

Each city will have a two-stream program

Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide
- British Isles stream one day – headed by Chris Paton
- European/German stream the other day – headed by Dirk Weissleder
Canberra and Perth - both streams the same day in two separate theatres
Auckland - Chris and Dirk will be key presenters in the wider expo program

Supporting presentations will be given by major libaries and societies in each city.

Full details and booking form for each city to come

COMMENT: I'm very much looking forward to returning, particularly to Auckland, whilst my visit to Sydney in particular will be the third time that I'll have spoken in the Parramatta RSL - so I'm guessing I might even qualify for residency soon!

Keep an eye on the Unlock the Past website at www.unlockthepast.com.au/events/researching-abroad-british-isles-and-germanyeurope for more developments, as well as for biographies on both myself and Dirk, and I will of course update this blog in due course. 


It's going to be a lot of fun - see you there!

Chris

For details on my genealogy guide books, including A Beginner's Guide to British and Irish Genealogy, A Decade of Irish Centenaries: Researching Ireland 1912-1923Discover Scottish Church Records (2nd edition), Discover Irish Land Records and Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment